1) ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS sort your laundry. Generally people sort them like this:
You can break it down into further categories if you so choose, like “dryer only colors” or “hang-dry blacks”, but you must respect the basic three categories to avoid catastrophic color calamity.
2) Make sure you are using laundry detergent. I have seen people get it confused with fabric softener.
3) Don’t use too much laundry detergent. In fact, you can get your clothes clean with less than the recommended capfuls, and it eliminates the greasy film that detergent can sometimes leave.
4) Don’t stuff the washing machine. Clothes, towels, sheets, etc. should sit loosely in the tub and shouldn’t go all the way to the top.
5) Don’t put anything delicate or anything you would be upset if it shrunk in the dryer.
6) Use a dryer sheet to eliminate static electricity.
Hope these tips help laundry day go a little smoother!
À la prochain,